Press Release – JMPR
The app’s update offers all-new vehicle models, as well as user experience and performance enhancements for car shoppers.RelayCars powered by EVOX Images, the virtual and augmented reality (AR) experience that helps users research and find their next car, today announced a series of app updates providing a more comprehensive and improved vehicle research experience with AR technology.
According to a recent Forbes report, AR is expected to acquire 1 billion users by 2020. While this technology becomes increasingly accessible and incorporated into retail experiences, the RelayCars AR™ app will continue to provide both consumers and dealers with a way to view and present desired vehicles in a variety of real-life settings.
RelayCars’ new, upgraded AR features include:
● A launch of 20 new vehicles including trucks, SUVs, and sedans from brands like Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Ford, Lexus, Maserati, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, and many more. Dozens of new vehicles will continue to roll out this year as the RelayCars AR experience grows.
● User interface (UI) redesign for increased functionality and ease of use.
○ Allows users to be notified when the car scales to 100%.
○ Car scaling creates size-accurate representations and comparisons of the vehicles, whether it be side-by-side to another AR vehicle or placed next to a vehicle in a real-life setting.
● New button to enter vehicle for quicker access and better views of vehicle’s interior.
● New share option allows users to easily share vehicles via their social media platforms or by email.
“Every RelayCars app update we present is developed with the car shopper and their experience in mind,” said Gina Callari, COO of EVOX Images. “As the use of AR continues to grow, our newest upgrade is intended to present a more seamless way for users to find their future car through realistic technology.”
In addition to AR, the RelayCars virtual reality application has more than 1.2 million downloads to-date and is available for free on iOS, Android, Oculus Go, Google Daydream, Samsung Gear VR, and Microsoft MR.